Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Technology and Education

I can't imagine living without the technology we have today. I know we take it for granted because even a few years ago we didn't have access to computers and internet available like it is today. I go crazy when my internet is down and I think everything is going wrong in the world.

Technology is really helpful in the classroom for some of the obvious reasons such as showing a video clip to the class to give them a better understanding of what you are teaching them or an easier way for teachers to keep an organized file of their student's records. It is also helpful for teachers when they have a student that has horrible handwriting; my friend from high school had to type everything he turned in because the teachers could never read his writing.

While technology is a very useful tool, it can also distract students and it can not work like you plan. Technology does not always work with you and that can change your lesson drastically so it is important to always plan for the worst and be prepared to finish your lesson without the technology in case it doesn't work out.

No comments: