Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Computer time"

When I was in high school, we didn't get computer time very often besides the one or two classes I took in that subject area. But my English teacher did provide some computer time when we were researching for a paper coming up. I know my times in the computer lab were not that useful for me because I spent the whole time on AIM or checking my e-mail and talking to my friends around me. Because he wanted to allow us to talk to our neighbors if we needed help, we spent the whole time talking about what we were doing later that night rather than actually getting any research in. I knew I had a computer at home that I would be able to find all of my research with later so I used my school computer time for fun and put off my research until a later day.
Even in my computer classes, we spent the entire time on AIM and I knew my friend sat in my seat before me so we always left notes for each other on the computer. I did not use my computer time the way the teachers planned.

No comments: