Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Multi-Genre Papers

Multi-genre papers are so cool. I think they are a great way to get students excited about writing and helps them learn a lot as well. This chapter was really interesting because it talks about how people are afraid that students won't learn everything that they are "supposed" to without writing the traditional research paper. But students will still need to research and learn to write a well put together paper. This allows creativity and differences between everyone's own particular writing. I also thought it was really interesting that they brought in the issue of plagiarism and I really think this could help avoid that issue. If we can get students excited about their own creative writing, they won't be as willing to go and find something off of the internet.
I think this is a really interesting topic and would really like to bring Multi-Genre projects into my classroom!

No comments: